View Single Post
Old 07-21-2013, 05:34 PM
Semi-audiophile

Okay, I got out my leftover cable box, and there is indeed no more Kimber Hero. There are, however, two pairs of AQ King Cobra and three of Black Mamba II (a 1m pair included), as well as Tara Labs Quantum 4 (older stuff from the early 90s).

I don't know how fast I'll get to this, as next Sunday is my turn to teach in our Sunday school, so lesson prep will have priority over my little face-off. However, I'll at least set things up and most likely with the King Cobra. Perhaps it's too expensive at $350/2m pair to sit idle, so I guess I'll use it. I'll also need to let the LS3 break in a bit, since it's been unplugged for so long. The capacitors probably need a few hours to re-energize, so I'll start there. Once I get used to the sound again then I could go back to the C2300, and then back and forth for a few tracks.
SOTA, Grado, SME, Van den Hul, Gingko turntable setup; Pioneer Elite LD, BDP; Sony OLED TV; Magnum Dynalab tuner, antenna; MIT S-video cable; Pangea HDMI cables; DVDO video processor; McIntosh SACD, preamp, power amps; Telefunken Black Diamond preamp tubes; Kimber IC; Transparent IC, PC, SC; Mirage speakers; PS Audio, Shunyata PC; Audio Additives RCA caps; Furman power conditioning; Sanus: racks