View Single Post
Old 12-31-2011, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSCC View Post
Well, I had the chance to view 2 Japanese High End Tube combos performing against one another.

1. Air Tight ATE2001 Reference (top Pre-amp with build in Phono Stage) + ATM 300 Stereo Power Amplifier (2x300B Tubes @ 8 Watts Per Channel).

2. Kondo's G70 Pre Amp (NO Phono Stage) + Souga (4x2a3 Tubes - 2 per channel again @ 8 Watts Per Channel).

Needless to say, the guy who audition (not me, of course. I am just a passer-by) was smitten and probably will go for combo "2".

Local pricing - Combo "2" costs way much more. Performance? Well, both are 8 waters, BUT the Kondo combo is so much more ..... and outrightly so ..... when played thru the Avantgarde Acoustics Duo Omega.

Seriously, I could live with any of the combo BUT if money is not an issue, I'll pass both! Will go straight for the Kondo M1000 MKII + Gakuon II.

New Year 2012 Resolution - Get that combo ... What a joke, I can never afford it

Cheers!
Nice demo Jerry! Masaki-san actuaaly prefers Ongaku to Gakuon even though it has half the power. He says it is more sweet sounding. Sounds like it is time to get the combo my friend and you CAN afford it!

Go for it and happy new year!

howie