View Single Post
Old 12-10-2020, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rushca01 View Post
Revisiting as I’m still no closer...

My gut keeps going back to the spatials but I have been interested in the gr research nx oticas but not sure I would personally be happy with my ability to finish them correctly and lastly used Focals (1038, or Kantas).
Over the past 8 years or so, I've had TAD Evolution One's, JBL M2's, and most recently Focal Sopra No2's for a couple years. I was also one of the earliest customers of Clayton's with the Emerald Physics CS2's which were my introduction to commercially OB done right. He has come soooooo far with the introduction of the M3 Sapphires and X series.

I've had a pair of the X5's (active sub, AMT's) for a couple months now and am not looking back. You can pair them with most any amplifier (quieter ones) with good results, and they're quick to reveal the strengths and weaknesses. I have an LTA microZOTL preamp and LTA Ultralinear (20wpc tube) power amp, which sounds very good, but also Cherry Maraschino DTM's, Apollon Purifi 1ET400's, and Nord Hypex 500's for a variety of low cost SS options. Each has its own charms on the X5's, but I've not heard anything that sounds "off". You just can't go wrong.

In terms of distance from the front wall, mine are 4' out, which interestingly is the very same spot most of my others were.

Last edited by Masterlu; 12-10-2020 at 08:17 PM. Reason: Selling on the open forum is not permitted.