View Single Post
Old 10-18-2011, 07:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Still-One View Post
I have been so busy lately I haven't had time to comment on the time I spent a week ago with the Momentum's at Paragon before they were shipped to RMAF.

I had hoped to hear the Momentum's paired with the Futura's but they had been returned to the larger room and were again connected to the Maxx 3's. In lieu of the Wadia 9 DAC's for a front end, they were connected to AR Ref 5 and CD 8.

I brought a compilation disc containing a variety of tunes from artists as varied as Holly Cole, Alison Krauss, Nils Lofgen, Brandi Carlile, Jamie Valle, 2 Cellos, and Paul Paray and the Detroit Symphony Orchestra.

First comment. I soundstage was really, really good on the Orchestral pieces. The presentation was as good as I have herd anywhere. (I have to really work on getting agreement from my wife to move my gear to one of our larger rooms) The Momentum's never seemed to be working hard at all.

Second comment, those of us who have the MCD-1100 are very fortunate. The first three songs all sounded very good, but then Brandi Carlile's "My Song" which is no Audiophile tune started playing it sounded terrible. The highs were all hash. Almost unlistenable. I thought it was a bad burn. Yet when I returned home and played the track on the C-1000/MCD-1100 everything was perfectly detailed and clear.

I like the Momentum's (and the Maxx 3's) but not sure I am willing to pay twice what my 1.2k's cost to have those beauties sitting in my room.

Jim
Jim,

Treat this as a start to building a SECOND SYSTEM in your intended larger room.

Your wife would understand.

By the way, you passing this way end/next year? Let me know. I long for the cuppa together!

Cheers!
SACD/DAC: Luxman D-10x
Server: Roon Nucleus+ 8TB SSD + Plixir Elite LPS
Bluray: ModWright Oppo UDP205
Amps: Air Tight ATC-5/ATM300R/ATH-3
Speakers: Avantgarde Uno XD Piano Black/Stealth Grey
Cables & Interconnects: Audience Au24 SX Series
Power Conditioner: Audience aR6 OX
Rack & Amp Stands: Audio-Philar