View Single Post
Old 10-23-2018, 05:17 PM

Smile Trinnov

Quote:
Originally Posted by meltemi View Post
One unit, which IMHO merits a closer look is the French Trinnov ST-2 HIFI or its brother ST-2 Pro (trinnov.com). At half the price of a DG-58 the Trinnov units offer a unique four microphone measurement system, which allows a 3D analysis of the listening environment, and they feature an awesome bunch of correction possibilities. The Trinnovs run on Intel dual core processors. Trinnov claims they would need at least half a dozen DSPs to do the same job.
Hello Martin,

Thank you for the suggestion!

The Trinnov Amethyst has been on my radar for a while. For some reason, it seems to have more users in Europe than in the US. If I knew someone nearby using one, I'd borrow it in a heartbeat.

Reviews I've read of the Amethyst gave the impression that the unit offers a state-of-the-art DSP engine combined with a good, but not excellent, preamp. That has discouraged me from contacting a dealer for an audition in my own system. My room is heavily treated and my system sounds very good already; I don't want to gain in one area while losing in another.

Who knows what the future will bring?

Thanks again for mentioning it!

Mike