View Single Post
Old 01-26-2017, 03:20 AM

Up to you but I prefer less solder and connections whenever possible. Jeff Day has a trick on the Duelund when he cuts the insulation and slides it up to expose some wire but leaves a small segment of insulation on the wire at the end. He shows it some place on his blog. It's pretty nice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fjn04 View Post
For insulation, I only did one side (parallel) wall, as junker suggests. I didn't put a square on the ceiling above the horn. I don't get shout of any kind. I have a question about the Duelund 16Awg termination. Parts Connexion does termination. It takes 1 hour for them to terminate a pair of cables with bananas or spades. I just emailed him to get the cost, so I will know that soon. So I will cut to the chase. For my Jagusch crossover, I am using the Belden bare wire on both ends. The connection to the drivers seems pretty good, with the rather large tightening screw. But on the Jagusch, there is a tighter strip with small spacing, and a smallish screw which really doesn't seem to coral ALL the wire. Should I go small spades there, or am I OVER thinking AGAIN?