View Single Post
Old 07-01-2013, 04:27 PM

Default REF75 with Summit-X?

I'm looking at the lovely REF75 and also speaker shopping, with the Logan Martin Summit-X being at the top of my list at this moment.

Has anyone heard this combination or perhaps speculate on whether the ARC can handle these speakers? I heard somewhere that 100 wpc. is about the minimum for the Summit-X, but with its powered woofers, I'm wondering if 75 is "good enough" to drive it in nirvana-like fashion. Not that the REF75 could be called marginal in any area other than brute force!

I listen almost exclusively to chamber and orchestral classical music (Mahler is a favorite) usually in the 80-90 dB range and rarely much over 95 dB in full orchestra climaxes. Sometimes some blues and rock, but at about the same volume.

Listening space is part of a very open arrangement but is essentially a 16-1/2 x 17-1/2 corner area that extends another 15 feet in both directions. Ceiling is unfortunately 8'.

Another option I've thought about is grabbing a pair of REF210 monoblocks off Audiogon for around the same budget point, but that REF75 is just stuck in my mind's eye........

Last edited by jdandy; 07-01-2013 at 04:58 PM.