Thread: HDTV Shoot-Out
View Single Post
Old 08-02-2017, 03:57 PM
Semi-audiophile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug Lax View Post
I will say when I first got my OLED I was going to take it back . I decided to get the set calibrated. It made all the difference. I was having issues with judder ghosting everything else. Calibration fixed everything ! LG should not have made a TV that was so difficult to get right
I think calibration is the definite way to go. I had my Kuro looking pretty decent with the onboard settings, but the professional calibration I got took it to another level. Greater detail was the main benefit to my eyes, and a cleaner picture overall. I have all the HDMI inputs calibrated in ISF Night mode, 30ft-l; I don't need a day mode for my room.
SOTA, Grado, SME, Van den Hul, Gingko turntable setup; Pioneer Elite LD, BDP; Sony OLED TV; Magnum Dynalab tuner, antenna; MIT S-video cable; Pangea HDMI cables; DVDO video processor; McIntosh SACD, preamp, power amps; Telefunken Black Diamond preamp tubes; Kimber IC; Transparent IC, PC, SC; Mirage speakers; PS Audio, Shunyata PC; Audio Additives RCA caps; Furman power conditioning; Sanus: racks