Thread: HDTV Shoot-Out
View Single Post
Old 07-20-2017, 04:38 PM
Semi-audiophile

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryProtein View Post
While the picture on the LG is very good (but not completely to my liking because I like a screaming bright picture and LG doesn't have that) I hope anyone who gets an LG never needs service because judging from their service on appliances, you might as well throw it out because you're not getting the problem resolved--EVER.
This is why a really great dealer would be important. I have one in Value electronics, up in Scarsdale. I bought my Kuro 111FD plasma from them, as well as two blu-ray players and a couple of smaller TVs. Robert Zohn, the owner (and the one who started the shootout years ago), and family are great to deal with and I got a good deal on everything, not to mention free delivery on the Kuro. I'm confident that they'd make things right if I got the LG OLED and there were problems. But as long as the Kuro keeps chugging along I'm in no hurry. Besides, VE sells both OLEDs, so I could avoid LG and get the Sony if there were misgivings about LG's customer service.
SOTA, Grado, SME, Van den Hul, Gingko turntable setup; Pioneer Elite LD, BDP; Sony OLED TV; Magnum Dynalab tuner, antenna; MIT S-video cable; Pangea HDMI cables; DVDO video processor; McIntosh SACD, preamp, power amps; Telefunken Black Diamond preamp tubes; Kimber IC; Transparent IC, PC, SC; Mirage speakers; PS Audio, Shunyata PC; Audio Additives RCA caps; Furman power conditioning; Sanus: racks