Thread: HDTV Shoot-Out
View Single Post
Old 07-19-2017, 01:50 PM
Semi-audiophile

Quote:
Originally Posted by piolaxo View Post
Very good data. It's impressive to hear about LG. I still had the idea that Samsung and
Sony were leading the pack these days. I have been lurking for a new one, but my old
Samsung Plasma is still going strong (very hot in the summer though!).
Despite the LG's better color, I think I'd get the Sony A1E, due to its better video processing. The Sony's picture was a bit bluish, but eminently watchable nonetheless. Even the Sony LCD seemed to have better VP than the LG. But Sony's known for good video processing. I would want the 55" version, which is plenty for my room. The sound systems on both look to be of decent quality also, another plus.

The event was moderated by Joel Silver, president and founder of ISF (Imaging Science Foundation), with able assistance from Kevin Miller, head of ISFTV, a product development consulting company to the industry's top television and video source manufacturers. Kevin also is an excellent calibrator; he calibrated my Kuro 111FD. It was nice to renew acquaintances with him.
SOTA, Grado, SME, Van den Hul, Gingko turntable setup; Pioneer Elite LD, BDP; Sony OLED TV; Magnum Dynalab tuner, antenna; MIT S-video cable; Pangea HDMI cables; DVDO video processor; McIntosh SACD, preamp, power amps; Telefunken Black Diamond preamp tubes; Kimber IC; Transparent IC, PC, SC; Mirage speakers; PS Audio, Shunyata PC; Audio Additives RCA caps; Furman power conditioning; Sanus: racks