View Single Post
Old 01-15-2018, 10:00 PM

Sorry for not coming back to this one sooner guys. In a word (or words), I absolutely love the Innovation. I had a relatively small footprint to play with, so that started me in this direction, but then I liked the "reported" speed stability without a separate power supply - and that feature has absolutely been delivered. It is dead on speed wise. It was relatively easy to set up and has been stable since - no tweaking or fiddling required (which was another thing that I really wanted).

The sound is absolutely fabulous. I'm running a Lyra Kleos and the Universal Tonearm, which have worked out great. I don't have much experience with upper end turntables, so I don't have much to compare it too, but it sounds great. It sounds much different from earlier CA tables that I heard - much less clinical and analytical. Just awesome.
Don't want to stir up a hornet's nest (that has been pounded in so many threads), but it is consistently my best SQ source overall. That depends A GREAT DEAL on the media feeding the source, but overall, I get more wow moments from it than I do from any of my other digital sources.

I liked it so much that I upgraded from the Esoteric E03 to the Accuphase C37. Early reports of the C37 are awesome, but it has got to be broken in (wider deeper soundstage, more precision and everything I was looking for, but it also sounds like broken glass right now). I have a break in CD on the way, so I'll hold off on a report on the C37 until I give it plenty of time to break in.

The other thing, and everyone feels differently about this, is that I like the fact that ClearAudio is a well established long lasting brand. I can't bear the thought of spending all this $$ to have the company turn over, leadership leave, or worse yet - just go poof. I know that narrows my choices in this game, but it does influence my purchasing decisions - rightly or wrongly. Again, everyone will feel differently about that, but I really valued my perception of the ability of the company to stand behind the unit for a long, long time. Based on its sound and about a year's worth of results, I do think I'll keep it for a long long time.