View Single Post
Old 09-30-2019, 11:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBT View Post
Been running the EVO 100 Tube Dac for a couple hours now. Easy to setup. My 1100 Sq Ft Game Room has a concrete floor, Rock Walls, Rock columns ceiling to floor, knotty Alder Wood Ceilings and big Cedar Beams running the entire length and width of the ceiling. Needless to say the acoustics are not very good. That aside the first thing I noticed right out of the box is how deep the base sounds. Vocals are amazing. The big test for me has always been piano music. On many Dacs I've heard over the years high notes tend to expose digital glare. EVO 100 passed with flying colors. Right now I'm listening to subscription internet radio stations via Sonos. Radio Tunes and Calm Radio. I plan add a Lumin U1 mini streamer to the mix.

If you like a Warm Lush Anologue sound the Evo 100 will provide it. It's a great looking Dac and goes well with the C2200 and MC275 v6.

I'm not very good at posting pics, but I'll try later tonight.
JBT, we just returned from vaction and what do I see... you pulled the trigger. Congrats, hope you enjoy it. Any plans to put into your main system and some A-B comparisons? BTW, I also have MC275 MkVI but mine is paired with ARC LS-27 pre & Vandersteen Treos. I for one would love to hear your review with the Evo in your main system.
Wes

Last edited by JWH; 09-30-2019 at 11:55 AM.