View Single Post
Old 09-19-2017, 06:48 PM

Location: Lago Vista Texas Downtown Austin and Frisco Colorado

Quote:
Originally Posted by ariess View Post
Suppose you are keen for a 2 channel system built of the caliber that comes with Audio Research components, but you don't have the space for 4+ components (amp, pre-amp, DAC, CD or other source). Or you want to keep the system simple enough to
hide in a multipurpose living room. Or away from kids, dogs, etc
Or you want to keep the price down. I had a number of these considerations in mind and wanted to share my solution.

Two Pieces:
ARC VSi75 + ARC CD9/DAC

These are two new units from ARC which each do a good job of covering the jobs of two components in one, thus a very small footprint. The VSi75 is a 75 watt integrated many of the same parts and much similarity to the ARC REF75. The CD9/DAC is a top-notch CD player and a top notch DAC with all the external connectivity for those using any digital source. These units play well together, keep it simple while giving up little, and only need 1 interconnect and 2 power cords. With the price of some of the most wanted cords reaching so high, this last point alone saves a lot of $$$ over a 4+ box solution, not to mention savings through reduced number of components.
I think something is gained too by the reduction in external connections and handoffs.
You can put these two boxes on a bookcase shelf so they can hide in a living room and away from kids and dogs. I am very happy with the combo.

Anyone else use use this combination?
I have that combination in my Home Office. Very enjoyable. Using Dynaudio Focus 160 speakers