View Single Post
Old 01-16-2017, 06:13 AM

Default The Ultimate Integrated

Saturday, January 14th, I had the opportunity to audition the Analog Domain M75D Integrated with the prototype Analog Domain DAC1 at the Gydotron event in Belgium.

I'm familiar with the M75D and own the Power Amp only version, the M75P.

Although the room was acoustically challenging and the Harbeth's would not be my first choice it was an eye opener. Basically the M75D has no sonic signature whatsoever and the DAC1 excelled on attack and decay of notes which was very obvious on percussion heavy tracks.

Granted, the combo is a 2 box solution. Taking into account that a Phono PreAmp with the same form factor as the DAC is on its way, it does offer flexibility and upgrade paths. I find this area between full separates and one box integrated very appealing, kind of "best of both worlds". As far as I know, Analog Domain is unique in bringing this kind of proposition to market.

In February, at my place, a shoot out will take place between the AD M75P (stereo) / McIntosh C1000/MDA1000 and a M75P & M75D (both bridged mono) and DAC1.

What Analog Domain does for me is allow me to forget the components altogether and lose myself in the music, even at a show like the excellent Gydotron event.

I enjoyed a long chat with Angel Despotov, the mastermind and driving force behind Analog Domain. It gave me a better understanding of the challenges he faces when designing and bringing to market his products. He is a visionary Engineer "pur sang" who will not compromise on design and bill of materials, damned be the torpedoes. There is no marketing smoke and mirrors, he walks the talk. You could hold a different point of view regarding some of his choices but you know exactly what you are paying for and hey... it is a free world.

If the opportunity presents itself to meet Angel at an event, I warmly recommend it. His sense of humour will put a smile on your face. Tapping into his vast knowledge will make your head spin. His desire to connect and listen to his (prospective) customers is refreshing and very much valued.

photo credit Analog Domain Facebook page.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg AD.jpg (64.5 KB, 812 views)
File Type: jpg AD2.jpg (93.1 KB, 821 views)

Last edited by JemHadar; 01-16-2017 at 09:20 AM.