Thread: Coltrane 3
View Single Post
Old 06-12-2016, 04:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pweg View Post
happy to compare the tenors to the 3's. Have been told they are departing sweden early next week.

I'm actually very interested to see if i can hear an audible difference in the types of crossovers the 2 speakers use.
Thank you very much. The new direction with cell concept drivers and first order crossover is a radical departure for Marten. I am about to audition the Marten Mingus in my house for a week or two. I actually want to get a handle on what these new drivers bring to the listening experience. For me it's going to be between the new Mingus Quintet and Coltrane Tenor if I decide to switch out speakers.
Analog: Ear Discmaster, Redpoint Model D, VPI TNT 6 Hot Rod, Townshend Rock 7, EAR 324, VDH Grasshopper III GLA, Dynavector XV-1T, Dynavector XV-1S, Jorma Prime/Origo, Jan Allaerts, Einstein Turntables Choice, Digital: EAR Acute IV / Dac IV Preamp: EAR 912, Ray Samuels B-52 Amplifiers: EAR 890 Monoblocks, Concert Fidelity ZL-120V2SE, Almarro 318B Accessories: Stillpoints ESS Rack, Sistrum, KS Emotion Cables Speakers: Marten Coltrane Tenor