View Single Post
Old 04-08-2019, 09:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puma Cat View Post
Hi Serge,
I would just get the Shunyata Venom USB, to be honest, if I were you. Personally, I'm not a believer in keeping cables "in the family" because different cables classes interact with different components in different ways, so I personally have not found that staying with a single manufacturer will always produce optimal results.

So, I take a very scientist-type empirical approach and just go with what sounds the best with any given component that is in my budget. I haven't heard the Kimber KS-2416. I don't know if its as good as the AudioQuest Diamond, which has been a reference standard for many for a number of years, but the Shunyata Venom USB flat smokes the $600 AQ Diamond.

Anyway, let us know how things turn out and what you end up with...
As unfortunate as it is, I got confirmation today from Ebay that my KS-2416 was "lost", short of any better explanation.

At least I will get my money back. In the meantime to acquire an Alpha USB, I purchased a BIS Audio USB (local manufacturer in Quebec) locally as it was readily available and inexpensive. Next step will be to upgrade my power cords.