View Single Post
Old 01-05-2018, 07:08 AM

The first and last digital mastered vinyl I purchased were the Beatles and Rolling Stones. I did this because the vinyl was recorded from the 24 bit master not the 16 bit cd master hoping it would sound better than the cd version . The new masters had slightly better bass which sold me but in reality they both sound good so I hardly ever play the vinyl and they sit on the shelf with the rest of my vinyl collection . Since I purchased my D1100 and Aurender N100H I listen mostly to digital. A few weeks ago I did a short demo for someone and they asked to compare the tidal streaming version of blues song TinPan Alley to my vinyl version which is over 30 years old. The vinyl sounded better, imaging was much more palpable in depth and width, the digital streaming version was good but compare with vinyl was like a color filter over the lens of a camera in comparison to the vinyl. My point is I now buy vinyl that is recorded analog and remaster digital recordings I download or stream and skip buying on vinyl.