View Single Post
Old 10-31-2017, 07:16 PM

An update of sorts: I swapped a couple of my power cables around to have my WireWorld Platinum Electra PCs on the RP-7 and the AHB-2 amp, which are connected to one of my Niagara 1000 strips which in turn is plugged into the wall with a Transparent Premium PC. Putting one of the higher end cords on the preamp improved the transparency and drive of the system. Performers are highly present and the overall presentation is extremely detailed and vivid. It's bordering on being a smidge aggressive however, though it is more musical than the stock cord.

There are so many variables of tweaking the sound of a system, but the RP-7 lends a distinct improvement to my system regardless of what I use for the power cord. I may try some other power cords to see if I can smooth out the sound a tad, or perhaps it's time to go up market on the power conditioners.
Digital Software: Roon, Tidal Streaming
Digital Music Server: Melco N1A/2
Digital Sources: Totaldac d1-twelve SE MkII (factory upgraded from MKI) with "live power" 4 output power supply, Oppo UDP-205
Preamplifier: Rogue Audio RP-9 (factory upgraded from RP-7)
Amplifier: Vandersteen M5-HPA
Speakers: Vandersteen Quatro Wood CT w/IsoAcoustics Gaia 1 feet
Cabling: WW Platinum Starlight 7 digital wires, Totaldac Gigafilter USB filter, AQ Sky XLR, AQ Fire RCA
Speaker Cables: AudioQuest Oak spades ---> bi-wire spades
Power Cables: Esprit PC (for DAC), 2 WW Platinum Electra PC (Preamp/Phono Preamp), AQ NRG10 (Melco N1A/2), AQ Blizzard (Quatro Wood CT built-in subs)
Power Conditioning: 2 AQ Niagara 1000, 3 Oyaide R1 outlets
Sound Treatments: 23 ASC Tube Traps and 10 Panels

Last edited by ylee; 10-31-2017 at 11:32 PM.