Thread: L.A. Audio Show
View Single Post
Old 06-09-2017, 08:12 PM

JA's First Report from the LAAS
John Atkinson

Jun 9, 2017

I admit to having a lot of respect for the audio engineering embodied in Bryston's products.

As you will be able to tell from our review of the Bryston BCD-3 CD player in our August issue, they always measure superbly well, which in turn validates the test regime I have developed over the years.

(When I encountered a product that measures, shall I say. "idiosyncratically," I have to then spend many hours checking and double-checking, to make sure that something amiss hasn't crept into that regime.)

At LAAS, Bryson was showing active versions of the Middle T speakers that Kal Rubinson reviewed in February 2015, with the crossover realized in DSP BAX-1, , and amplification provided by one 3B3 200W stereo amplifier for the bass and two 2.5B3 135W stereo amplifiers for the midrange and treble. Source was a BDP-3 player feeding as BDA-3 D/A processor with a BP26 preamplifier with MPS-2 power supply. Racks and amp stands were all Target and cabling Straightwire Virtuoso and Bryston.

According to my notes the sound of this system in a rather small room was "big, open, easy."

John Atkinson,
Stereophile

Last edited by James Tanner - Bryston; 06-09-2017 at 08:50 PM.