View Single Post
Old 12-29-2019, 05:08 PM

Default Music Collection

Quote:
Originally Posted by W9TR View Post
I’ll go deep on an artist or a genre and accumulate a lot of CD’s and/or LP’s. I might not listen to them for years, then pick them up again.

I’m somewhat similar. There are a few artists of whom I have a lot, including multiple versions of certain favorites: multiple versions of all the Beatles, a lot of early Stones, all of Jesse Winchester’s and Tom Rush’s albums, all Little Feat, a fairly extensive collections of Miles Davis, John Coltrane, Dexter Gordon, Van Morrison, John Hiatt, Ry Cooder, and a few others. My tastes have changed over the years: I grew up listening to my father’s classical; moved to folk, then rock, acid rock, and a bit of jazz in my teen years; and now in my 60s find myself playing more jazz and classical, Cajun, Celtic, Country, and whatever else appeals.

I have ~1,800 digital albums (2/3 ripped CDs, 1/3 downloads) and about 1,000 vinyl albums - a collection built up over t0+ years. I‘m somewhat space constrained for vinyl, so lately as I add new records I weed out things I won’t listen to again, duplicates, etc., to keep the collection stable at approximately its current size. Unfortunately I have no space constraints for digital[emoji41].
D'Agostino Momentum S250 MxV & HD pre; Linn Klimax Organik DSM, SonicTransporter, EtherRegen; Acoustic Signature Typhoon Neo, Koetsu RSP, Boulder 1108; Sf Il Cremonese; Shunyata Everest, Altaira, Sigma & Alpha v2

Last edited by Antonmb; 02-06-2020 at 06:05 PM.