View Single Post
Old 01-24-2019, 06:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antonmb View Post
Serge, thanks for the insights. We’d be buying new, budget up to $60k is ok. My wife has always had a bug for a Wrangler, she doesn’t mind the noise and bouncy ride and she doesn’t really care for the Cherokee. I’m not in love with it, but my daily driver is an MB GLC, and I can handle the occasional outing in a Wrangler and it would be fun to take to the mountains occasionally.

The death wobble does concern me a bit, I’ll do some more research - thanks for that tip.

My understanding is the Rubicon is the more serious off-road configuration, whereas the Safari is a bit more civilized, if one can call any Wrangler civilized, is that right?
Tony, correct. The Rubicon is the serious off-road weapon with sway bar disconnect for maximum suspension flex and other on the fly features for off-roading. The JL although unproven seems to have very positive reception from the enthusiast crowd so far and the new grill design is wonderful. I’ve already built a Rubicon on the Jeep website a dozen times myself. I also really like them.