View Single Post
Old 11-27-2020, 07:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puma Cat View Post
The new Alpha V2 ICs are astonishing. Get them as they now have the Shunyata TAP device tech, which previously only the Sigma level had. I've heard what this TAP technology does for interconnects first-hand on the new Alpha V2s, and no other cable manufacturer has any technology remotely like it.

TAP, along with Shunyata's HARP technology for speaker cables, is, IMHO, ground-breaking "Hangar 18" level-technology in my experience. This IC is noticeably more open-sounding, spacious, and 3-dimensional than other IC's I've evaluated, including the excellent Shunyata ICs e.g. Delta v1 and v2.

TAP brings Depth, 3-dimensionality and expansion of the soundstage's width, depth, and height. All this is from increased of finer resolution of the subtle aspects of the signal that the TAP device provides. It really is remarkable. I also notice increased inner detail being resolved well within the soundstage. I've got some good recordings where you can hear decay of secondary reflections off the opposite wall in the recording studio (listen to, for example, Duke Ellington and Johnny Hodges on "Back to Back") with the new Alpha V2 ICs...it's crazy.
How do you think the Alpha V2 ICs compare to Audioquest Fire? Either XLR or RCA versions.