View Single Post
Old 09-19-2019, 09:15 PM

most all of these so called government rated better seer ratings etc just mostly all SUCK!

I had to get a new fridge and bottom line went through 5 all $2500+ models, all have crappy thin insulated motors, they blame the government regulators on efficiency etc. But they just are not made good at all period.

We could go on and on, but look at most all high end audio gear, big transformers, and the quiet ones are done the correct way to keep from humming, making noises, electrical noise etc.

If it was me I would get rid of that unit asap. I got seriously sick from dirty EMF from a very similar issue. I ended up having to move, I was to move by a fellow AA member. I told him I could fix it, he said good luck but you fix one issue and it migrates to another.

If you hear the noise, get a meter that measures EMF, like a GAUS meter and see it yourself. But if you can hear it, your brain is getting hit hard 24x7 with it in the form of low does dirty electricity,, Bad for the rest of your house hold appliances too, but they can be replaced, brain and nerves can not.

So as long as everything was great PRE this AC unit. Just don't patch it, get a credit and a new unit. I have a 5 ton unit at the new house in AZ and they seriously are big systems out here, I think mine is one speed FULL blast. It is wen you run motors, lights on dimmers etc that you are asking for noise. I motor is build to run at a certain current ie load amps, and voltages.

But the cheap way most these companies do it is to just lower the voltage to spin slower, rather than use a more costly board controlling switching transformers and misc switches, circuits etc to reduce equally the total current to a device.

It is like when you were a kid and a toy train set, those cheaply transformers did just that, lower voltage and they hum, worse the slower you go.

Anyway it is a fellow active AA member (well respected here) that taught me so much more than I know with 40+ years experience. I had no idea, this crap is UGLY harmful.

Anyway best to you. Don't get sick from long term EMF, it way sucks!