View Single Post
Old 08-16-2013, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rtan View Post
The C50 to me sounded warmer but lack detail of the KF. KF presentation is much deeper and blacker background. But I like the KF better than the C50 after comparing both in 2 channel. I plan to use KF solely for movies only though. I will always have a separate 2 channel pre amp but now I'm having a second thoughts on C50.

In my experience,, Marantz will not compete with either C50 and KF in 2 channel listening. KF however amazed me on HT presentation, soundstage is great, vocal is so crystal clear and bass was accurate. KF brings a new level of my home theater experience. It was the first time I saw my wife jolt from her seat after hearing a unexpected gun shot firing during the scene, it was that good! Not to mention, the color is more vivid and sharper thanks to its new and improved HDMI technology. I can assure one thing that KF may surpass the S1200, is its HDMI technology. It was confirmed by krell tech staff that KF HDMI is better. But can't agree more that the s1200 performs better in 2 channel set up.

I'm so impress with krell foundation, now Krell Phantom III is on my target list. Furthermore, KF is so easy to configure and the ARES was helpful and really cool feature.
No doubt HDMI is better on KF. I would bet that in most cases, the Foundation may even beat the S1200 in HT due to the ease of the ARES automated room correction. I have not played with the manual EQ on the S1200 as it is way too complicated and would require measuring equipment. Some day I may get a pro in to set it up, but just enjoying it too much as is right now. Congrats and enjoy the KF!
Speakers: Canton Ref K3