View Single Post
Old 01-10-2010, 05:15 PM

Classe doesn't hold its value seemingly as well as Mcintosh, true, but that takes nothing away from it being top notch equipment. Nothing out there seems to hold its value as well as Mcintosh in components and that doesn't mean they aren't better or equal to Mcintosh just means Mcintosh has more of an appeal. I got rid of my Mcintosh system completely, not because I didn't like it but was just ready for a change and heard another system I wanted. My daughter walks down and looks at the new system for the first time and it was playing mind you. Her only comment was your system looks boring now, nothing on the sound. If Mcintosh was just in a plain black metal cabinet I don't think it would have the following or the resale either. Kooto's to Mcintosh for making it so appealing on the eyes and making it sound good to. I'm not into home theater but have heard the ssp800 and it is amazing. It also has a new software pkg available for it or something that makes it even better from what I hear.