View Single Post
Old 11-14-2018, 10:35 PM

I finally solved the issue of my bricked DSD. After attempting to update to Snowmass a few nights ago my DSD was left in an unresponsive state where the blue light on the front logo would turn on when I powered on the unit but nothing else would happen. I reached out to PS Audio via email to try to troubleshoot the issue. They emailed me the files to drop onto my SD card but that did not fix the issue. We had some more back and forth this afternoon and they said they would ship me a brand new SD card pre-loaded with the files. I told them that I had already used the same SD card to successfully update my DMP after I ran into the issue with the DSD.

Finally, I came back to this thread and read doggiehowser's post about the I2S input possibly interfering with the unit recognizing his bridge after the update. I came home after work and unplugged the USB cable and both HDMI cables connected to my DSD. The SD card was still inserted in the back of the DSD so I flipped the power switch on and voila! The light on the logo flickered on for a moment and then began blinking as it should. A few minutes later and my DSD was back in business. I emailed the guy at PS Audio back letting him know this but haven't heard anything back. I haven't had much time yet to really listen to Snowmass; I'm just happy to have my music back in my life.

Headphone rig: Gustard X16, Topping A90, Hifiman HE6se, Audeze LCD2
2-Channel setup: Okto Research DAC8 Stereo, Bryston 4Bł, Philharmonic Audio BMR Towers, Dual PSA S152 subs