Thread: Mc Trade Up
View Single Post
Old 09-05-2018, 01:16 PM
Merry Christmas to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by tratliff View Post
I talked with McIntosh today. Was looking to trade my C50 for a C2600. That trade would not qualify. They said I would have to move to a C1100 for the TradeUp program to take the C50. Based on what I read in the email I thought it would be a great proposition to go to the C2600 but to have to move to the C1100 my budget can't support it.

Seems to me they should be more transparent on the details of the TradeUp program! Check the details before getting your hopes up.
tratliff.......It seems to me you may not have followed the McIntosh TradeUP instructions that are clearly stated in the promotional email. There is no issue with transparency.

From the promotional email:

Promotional period: September 4 – October 31, 2018. Offer valid only in the US and Canada to US and Canadian customers who make a purchase during the promotional period from a participating US or Canadian Authorized McIntosh Dealer. Purchases made at non-participating or non-authorized dealers will not qualify. The entire purchase must be made in a single transaction, from a single participating Authorized McIntosh Dealer. Trade-In units must be in acceptable working and physical condition with no more than ordinary wear and tear. Deductions may be taken off the Trade-In value based on product condition or lack of original packaging. Units modified from their original design do not qualify. Only models listed on the qualified Trade-In list are eligible to be traded in, and with certain limited exceptions that your Authorized McIntosh Dealer can explain, only one Trade-In unit will be accepted per new product purchased. See your participating Authorized McIntosh Dealer for details. Prior sales excluded.

There is nothing ambiguous about the McIntosh TradeUP program or their promotional email. It is made clear you must contact your authorized McIntosh dealer for full details. Just because a person desires a specific TradeUp deal doesn't mean it is supported by the current TradeUp program policy. It has nothing to do with McIntosh not being transparent, and everything to do with a customer contacting their authorized McIntosh dealer for complete TradeUp program details.

STUDIO - McIntosh C1000C/P, MC2301 (2), MR88, Aurender N10, Esoteric K-01X, Shunyata Sigma spdif digital cable, Sonos Connect, PurePower 2000, Stillpoints, Furutech Flux 50, Michell Gyro SE, Michell HR Power Supply, SME 309, Ortofon Cadenza Black, Wireworld, Sonus faber Amati Anniversario
LIVING ROOM - McIntosh C2300, MC75 (2), MR85, Magnum Dynalab 205, Simaudio MOON Neo 260D-T, Schiit Audio Yggdrasil, Aurender N100H, Shunyata Sigma USB cable, Micro Seiki DD40, Ortofon Cadenza Blue, Nakamichi BX-300, Sony 60ES DAT, PS Audio P10, Furutech Flux 50, Sonos Connect, Stillpoints, Wireworld, Kimber, PMC EB1i, JL Audio f113
VINTAGE - McIntosh MA230, Tandberg 3011A tuner, Olive 04HD, Sony DTC-59ES DAT, McIntosh 4300V, JBL 4312A

Last edited by jdandy; 09-05-2018 at 01:19 PM.