View Single Post
Old 12-11-2019, 08:16 PM

Default Sounds about right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puma Cat View Post
I've never heard an MF2300A, but I've owned the Premier 350 for quite a while. I ended up selling it because I felt my tube-based LP70S was more spacious and open-sounding and musical, on the whole.

If your MF2300A is going strong, I wouldn't flip it just for a Pr350. If its the same one I've seen, its about $5K.

I'll tell you what I'd do with that $5K if you haven't done so already: I use it to buy a Shunyata Delta D6 power conditioner for $2K, and put the remaining $3K into Shunyata NR power cords for the rest of your system, if you are presently using the OEM or stock power cords that came with your amplification components. IMHO, an investment in your power distribution "chain" would make for a considerably more enjoyable and engaging experience than tradin' out amps or speakers.
Very interesting and along my sentiment. I have thought, generally, why fix what ain’t broke? I have also thought the difference might be simply incremental. I have also considered going tube based I’m not quite ready yet as I have young children and a confined space.