View Single Post
Old 09-25-2019, 02:23 PM

The Scalas have been breaking in and sound much better then the first day. I also got the Isoacoustic gaia on them.
I havent sold my Sopras yet so Im tempted to put them back in to do a real side by side comparison.

Main impression the biggest difference is in clarity, transparency and detail. The tweeter and midrange is also actually smoother then the Sopras but with more detail.

Using REW the bass response in my room is the exact same in volume and extension as the Sopra 3. The bass does have more detail, tighter and more thump.

Imaging is bigger. Individual sounds are bigger and the soundstage is deeper and taller.

Overall very happy with the upgrade. If you have the Sopras and like them then you will love these. If you have the sopras but would like a more neutral sound with much better clarity top to bottom and smoother treble then the upgrade is worth it.

Signal path
windows computer - usb to matrix x-spdif to i2s port on PS Audio directstream sr - Mark Levinson 523 to Levinson 534 amp. Wire is all Audioquest.