View Single Post
Old 06-28-2018, 12:51 AM

Default DirectStream P20

I recently acquired a black DSP 20 via Ivan’s irresistible pricing and service. I asked for a quote and he delivered a price i couldn’t walk away from. He gets me every time.

When the unit arrived I had a very minor hiccup... and Ivan (without my asking) went to bat for me, and together with PS audio, they came up with a solution. Kudos Ivan! Your level of service is exemplary. I am very pleased I went through you for this purchase.

I have owned several Power Plants in the past and they have served me well. The new DSP 20 is very good and it “walks the talk”...I have a ASR Emitter ii amp/preamp, that has shut down just about every power conditioner or regenerator (sometimes even just on start up). And when it didn’t, it taxed them considerably. I resorted to going straight into the wall via my dedicated 20amp circuits and forgot about power conditioning or regeneration save for MIT’s Z-dulex outlets.

Enter the DSP20.... it seems unmoved by the Emitter ii... I sense no struggle or strain at all...Turning the volume higher and higher reveals zero weakness...only strengths. Images stay rock solid, voices sound very natural and smooth, and spatial cues are very easy to hear. When I try to think of its initial performance , the word “finesse” comes to mind.

The unit is only 2 days old and I know once it settles in there will be more magic to reveal. This is one purchase in this never-ending hobby that I can truly say I am blessed to have the ability to afford and I have no ounce of regret.

Here it is in action and trying to earn its spot on my audio team.

IMG_3127.jpgIMG_3128.jpgIMG_3124.jpgIMG_3126.jpgIMG_3125.jpg
Melco N1ZH60/2 ---> EtherRegen ---> Bricasti M1 SE DAC ---> ASR Emitter II Exclusive Version Blue w/Battery PSU ---> Eggleston Andra III speakers rolling on Stillpoints Ultra 5's ----> Dual Rythmik E15 Subs ---> all tied together Via MIT MA-X RCA IC and MIT Matrix SHD120 Rev.2 Bi-Wire speaker cables.

Last edited by Masterlu; 06-28-2018 at 08:29 AM. Reason: Enlarge photos