View Single Post
Old 06-21-2018, 09:06 AM

My Audioquest Niagara 7000 has arrived at the dealer. Also my Diamond optical cable for my MR87 tuner. Tuner arriving next week. I just picked up my Marantz LV510 Quick Turn LD player yeaterday from repair shop. Connected it into Optical 2 of my Mac D1100 via its digital optical out using AQ Diamond optical cable. Sound is gorgeous. I plan on keeping my MIT Iso Duo for my computer and the LV510. I am awaiting 8 Dragons, 1 Hurricane, and 2 Niagara 5000's. I understand it won't be long. All including tuner will be installed at same time by the dealer. Finally, my cables and power (essentially all silver and all Audioquest) will be as good as the quality of my Alexx and my upgrade process will be finished. I will post some pics when it happens.

Interestingly, in talking with AQ, the pc coming from the wall going into the Niagara is more important than the pc leaving the Niagara going to device. I would have thought the opposite. I was hoping to save money by using Hurricanes coming out of the wall. So my only Hurricane is going to WC and I will have a Thunder going to the tuner. I listen to a tuner maybe 6 weeks out of the year and I understand it's a really good pc. All my selections are the recommendations of AQ including leaving the subwoofer system high quality copper with KK Palladian PK-10 pc.

I never thought laser discs could sound this good. The lack of grain and increased clarity going through my Diamond optical cable into my D1100 and the Wel speaker cables and Wel IC's is amazing, especially when compared to using the old cheap copper 100 dollar single ended analog IC and the LV510's DAC. I wonder what the power improvements will bring? So far the Alexx has proved up to the task of clearly showing the benefits of improved connections per top line Audioquest.

Last edited by Charles; 06-21-2018 at 05:12 PM.