View Single Post
Old 11-14-2018, 08:45 PM

The only way to know is to find a place to listen. The Sopra and Kanta both have beryllium tweeters, NIC, TMD as well as cabinet technology which the 948 does not have. The Sopra2 could have an edge on dynamics and detail, where the Kanta3 could offer more low end? Its all speculation until you listen

I will be comfortable with the K3 as an entry for a while and probably make a jump to the Scala Evo in a year or so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvir View Post
Thanks for the reply Ampteks.
I have no doubt that the Kanta 3's sound good , I guess my question is whether the Sopra 2's extra cost is worth it.

BTW - the difference is $3K in upscale audio since the Sopra's are listed at $15K, but anywhere else i reviewed them the list price for them was $14K.. strange. Kanta 3's are consistently listed at $12K everywhere.

I've seen the spec differences, i'm just not sure how it translates to sound differences. Regarding drivers size differences I can say that I currently have the aria 948 at home and i took the Kanta 2's for a week's trial. Even though the aria has the bigger drivers the sound coming from the Kanta's was remarkably much more to my liking, the bass was much better and filling even though they had smaller size drivers compared to the 948's.