View Single Post
Old 09-01-2018, 08:08 PM

So, I turned on the amp with the pre-amp off and waited for 20 minutes. I checked the bias and they were HIGH again! So I lowered the voltage to 63mV. I checked a minute later and they were up again. Also, I had a very hard time adjusting the voltage. A slight push and the mVs would go up by 2 or 3 or more.

I had never seen this before. I finally started being suspicious of my multimeter. I had not changed the battery in some time. I changed the battery and check the voltages and they were all in the 40s of millivolts.

So I adjusted all of the bias voltages to 63mV again and let them settle down and now they did not change.

It was the bleeping battery!

Yes, I know that the bias voltage is supposed to be 65mV but I wanted a bit of a buffer just in case. I now have music playing and I am not worried about the bias although I will check the bias again after playing music for a bit.

Last edited by birdland; 09-01-2018 at 08:12 PM.