View Single Post
Old 08-09-2011, 12:06 PM
chief tube tester

Quote:
Originally Posted by sibelius View Post
... It also appears that at least in the US Shindo has stopped going to trade shows. I was kind of disappointed that Pitch Perfect was not at the last two California Audio Shows given that the shows were essentially in Matt's back yard. I understand that hotel suites are not the best environment to show off gear but still would have been nice to see and talk to Matt and other Shindo owners and hear about potential new products coming down the pike.

Again, thanks for the reminder on Jeff and Jules. My memory is not as good as it once was.
Sorry to disappoint. I had received many inquires whether or not I was doing the Cal Audio Show, and my thoughts are that...
(1) With all due respect to the promoters of this and other shows it is a large investment for little return, in my eyes.
(2) Since I have a showroom in the city, lugging all my stuff to a local hotel, and guaranteeing only mediocre sound (relatively speaking) is not my idea of a good time.
(3) True about meeting folks, though, but this brings me to #4...
(4) If anyone wants to visit me anytime, and they are in CA/SF/East Bay Area, by all means give me a call and swing by. You don't need a show to do it, as I'm always happy to shoot the breeze and spin some music. Sibelius, if you wanted to swing by and hear a few more things, c'mon down..

It's only a matter of locking in a day/time when I am @ the shop..

I will be having a get together soon, btw, so stay tuned...

Best,
-M