View Single Post
Old 03-19-2019, 07:48 PM
Cool, calm scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmarin View Post
Excellent and very informative interview. His take on the difficulty of judging a system’s ability to accurately represent a musical event was very insightful. He contrasted how individuals often focus in isolation on different aspects of the music (bass, imaging, etc) to judge the accuracy of the reproduction. Versus the importance of actually being present at the recording venue and evaluating the system’s accuracy based on whether the reproduced sound immediately allowed your aural memory to identify the listening spot in the venue.
Hi C (sorry, I don't know your first name),

Yes, I agree. That was part was one of the most interesting I found of the inteview. Its very clear that Frank has spent and proritizes listening to live music. My guess is he's spent quite a bit of time listening to the Berlin Philharmonic.
Lumin P1 streamer/DAC/preamp, Constellation Inspiration integrated TT: Michell Gyro SE MkII, SME V, Koetsu Urushi Vermilion, EAR324. Harbeth 30.2s, REL R-305, Shunyata Alpha V2 ICs, Alpha V2 SPs, Sigma XC, Sigma NRv2, Omega QR-s & Alpha NRv2 PCs, segmented Altaira SG stack w/ Alpha & Omega CGCs, Everest 8000 PD. Remote Server Room: Uptone EtherREGEN, AfterDark Master Clock & LPS, Alita, Battle Angel, (Akasa NUC Roon Core), iFi DC Purifiers (for SMPS used for Alita & router), Shunyata Gemini combo power distributor & Altaira-type CG GP-NR hub, Venom & Alpha CGCs, Shunyata NRv14 power cords for digital components.