View Single Post
Old 02-14-2012, 08:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volks View Post
Ive listened to Emotiva/looked at the case-work and quality and i was not "Sold" on any of it......it is what it is .....a "Chi-Fi" product(not that there is anything wrong with that at all mind you),but i dunno.....it just seems to try to pass itself on as something much better and i dont thnk it is.....it did not impress me.....i felt it looked cheap and sounded like any $500 Sony reciever or Pioneer in that price range.

This is exactly why I asked my friend to do more research. "Chi-Fi" (love that term) is what I wanted him to be sure he really wanted--heck I havent heard it either but.....there are several other choices to consider----reading a few positive reviews will steer you in the WRONG direction sometimes. He has joined AA to gather your opinions. I trust and value the input from you guys--you sure helped me over the last year and I thank you all. Thanks again for helping him.
Main system: B&W 802 Diamond, McIntosh MC 601 x2 , J L Audio F113 x2 w/Sound Anchor stands, McIntosh C2300 w/Gold Lion 12AX7s , OPPO BDP95, Wireworld Silver Eclipse 6 Balanced ICs,PCs, bi-wired speaker cables. Sennheiser HD600, Rega P5 TT w/PSU, Running Springs "Dimitri" power conditioner, ASC 13" traps, and Dynavector 20xl MC cart.Manley Chinook phonostage.