View Single Post
Old 02-17-2019, 03:49 PM
Racing Hoopties

Default Vicoustics and Soundproof Cow

My first dedicated room had similar dimensions in width and height (basement eh?). My length was just under 20’.

I ultimately had it sounding pretty good but it needed a combination of 6 GIK 244 Panels and some Vicoustic panels to sound it’s best.

You will have a serious bass bump in the 26-30HZ range due to the length of your room - no matter what length you finalize on. I cured that first with an MEN220 and speaker placement when I had my IRS Betas, Then by strategic placement of speakers and a subwoofer when I got my Strads.

As long as it is a dedicated room and you have carte blanche on listening and speaker positions, you will get it to sound great!

I like the Vicoustic Waveguide panels. They are much more aesthetically pleasing than big GIK 244 panels... No experience with Soundproof Cow.

Watch for used Stillpoint Aperture panels. They bring significant benefits in a small package.
Main Equipment: Kharma Elegance dB11-S, JL Audio F113v2 X 2, Block Audio Line & Mono SE Amplification, Bricasti M21 DAC, Antipodes Kala K-50 Server, Clearaudio Performance SE. Satisfy tonearm & Maestro wood MM cartridge.
Power: Shunyata Everest 8000, Sigma XC v2, Sigma NR v2, Block Audio PCs, Defender, ADDPowr Wizard
Grounding: Shunyata Altaira CGS - 4 X Alpha CGS cables,
Network : Supra Cat 8+, Twin (Nenon) Modified Buffalo GS2016 Switches, Keces P3 LPSU,
Cables: Wireworld Platinum 8 USB, Wireworld Platinum Eclipse 8 Speaker cables, 6M & 1M Tubulus Concentus ICs,
Other: Multiple GIK products, Stillpoint Apertures, Stillpoint Minis and Ultra SS, Three 20 Amp lines, Furutech GTX - Gold outlets, Adona Rack