View Single Post
Old 09-09-2018, 10:27 PM
Go Dawgs

Thanks guys, I’ve spent about an hour in here tonight getting the Avalons in their final positions......it’s remarkable how sensitive they are to tiny differences in placement. This seems to be magnified quite a bit by the D’agostino gear. This is first amplification combo I’ve ever owned which truly gets what’s on the disc or record and plays it without character. It’s just an all out assault on the senses, especially turned up. If you close your eyes, you’re at the venue, concert hall etc. Look, everyone knows how much I respect McIntosh and enjoy their gear but (as it should be for the price) this is a different ballgame.....the Mac combo sounded compressed, fuzzy and sloppy compared to this. When I played the first song for my wife she literally just started laughing.

- Buck
Library: Speakers: Avalon Acoustics Isis, Subwoofers: (2) REL Acoustics 212SE Amplification: D’agostino Momentum preamplifier, D’agostino S250 stereo amplifier Digital: dCS Rossini CD/SACD transport, dCS Rossini DAC/streamer/master clock. Analog: Brinkmann Taurus table, Lyra Etna Lambda, Audio Research Ref. Phono 3