View Single Post
Old 01-21-2020, 01:02 PM

Default Bose is closing more than 100 stores worldwide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weirdcuba View Post
Bricks and mortar retail of many varieties is an endangered species.

Totally agree. I am having to replace a broken faucet at home. Local B&M stores do not have the exact replacement in stock. They can order it and they can ship it to my home (arrives in a week or so). If I want it professionally installed, the B&M can arrange that too but I have to go to the store and fill out an installation order. And of course I have to wait until the faucet arrives so that I can confirm an installation date/time.

Enter Amazon. A search of the part number leads to the exact replacement. It will arrive in two days (Prime). Moreover, Amazon offers a fixed price for professional installation. And allows you to pick a day and time for install. It took literally one minute to buy and schedule the installation date/time. The item will be delivered and installed in less than a week. The cost via Amazon including professional installation is cheaper than the price from the B&M (without installation).

All these is done via "Amazon Home Services" a new division from Amazon that allows you to hire professional installers (even on products that you bought elsewhere).

Last edited by nicoff; 01-21-2020 at 01:06 PM.