View Single Post
Old 10-10-2014, 11:41 PM
Rebellious!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lwschwartz View Post
I use BLISS frequently. I have about 3750 CD's that I have tagged with it so far. I rip a CD with my MS750, then copy it to a VortexBox which is the same operating system used by the W4S Music Server. Then BLISS scans the files, makes sure the directories, file names, and cover art are complete. Then I can play the music from the VortexBox with a special USB card and Platinum USB cable through the MCD1100 or use the SONOS Connect to play the files saved on the VortexBox through a Remedy to the MCD1100. The W4S Music server seems to have advantages over the VortexBox in that it is set up and warrantied by an audiophile company. I have not tried BLISS on a Mac or PC but understand it seems to work pretty well on those platforms as well.
Thanks for chiming in!

BLISS is written in Java so thats a plus AND its web based, so it seem very cross platform friendly.

Why rip with the your MS750 vice XLD or any other desktop secure ripping software? Why do you have a Vortex Box, Sonos Connect, and a MS750?

I guess when you're in the hobby and searching to find and sample whats best we tend to accumulate stuff. I have 4 different tagging and ripping software. My personal struggle is analogous to the fact that Netfilx is on every device, why do I need another Netfilx player?

Sent from my iPad using A.Aficionado