View Single Post
Old 07-06-2012, 11:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackD201
Hi Saint,

Sorry if the posts come in late. I'm still under 50 posts so all of them have to pass through the mod team before they go up.

The Pythons were pretty good. In fact I only changed them out because I just happened to borrow the Emotions and to me they helped the amps do harmonics better. By comparison the Pythons felt a bit stripped. Again I was happy but got to try the Elations and the VSAs. These added articulation to the Emotion's harmonics and seemed quieter as well.

I run straight into the wall as Lamm recommends and the ferrite and other powders in the VSA cables made them quieter than the Elations albeit tonally, I think they are dead ringers. My quibble with the VSA's is that they are heavy and stiff. Fortunately I have the space to let them run without too many bends otherwise I could have gone with the more pliant elations.

I haven't heard or tried the Zitron line. I think I will stop borrowing cables now. I already like the sound I'm getting. It's not that I don't think it can be improved upon, it's just that, man, this stuff is expensive!
Thanks for your input. I understand ur unwillingness to audition any other power cords. It can become an expensive proposition. I'm hoping to audition Transparent power cords with my amps. I recently replaced my Analysis Plus cables with Transparent Ref. MM1 cables all around. The remaining AP cables are the power cords. I can't wait to upgrade. If the current performance of my Transparent cables is any indication, the power cords should be awesome performers.

Last edited by thesaint519; 07-08-2012 at 07:21 AM.