View Single Post
Old 11-01-2019, 09:26 PM
Semi-audiophile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilisten View Post
Dead quiet! It just seemed to lower the noise floor that much more and add more dynamics to my system. Even though I thought it already was until I made the switch.Deeper, wider and more separation between the different instruments and vocals I would say, don’t know how else to describe it. I’m sold on Shunyata now and maybe my next move will be a Denali or one of the new Hydra power distributors.
When does it end?
I think it ends when we say it does. Or when the money runs out.

So in your case, what already sounded good sounded better when the Venoms were put in. That piques my curiosity. As one who likes continuity and completeness, I'd be willing to try the Venoms but not at the expense of my sense of balance. So if I went for them, they'd end up on my power conditioners (NR v10, replacing Venom HCs) or my sources (NR v12, replacing Transparent HPPCs). I don't intend to touch the Premiums on my 2300 or MC501s; that line about money running out is a real thing, and I'm not hard-core enough to go on upgrade binges regularly. I'm still getting used to the Premium on my 2300, and the limited amount of time has yielded positive results. I'll have a better handle once it has more hours on it, but I like what I hear so far. Still, the Venoms are intriguing.
SOTA, Grado, SME, Van den Hul, Gingko turntable setup; Pioneer Elite LD, BDP; Sony OLED TV; Magnum Dynalab tuner, antenna; MIT S-video cable; Pangea HDMI cables; DVDO video processor; McIntosh SACD, preamp, power amps; Telefunken Black Diamond preamp tubes; Kimber IC; Transparent IC, PC, SC; Mirage speakers; PS Audio, Shunyata PC; Audio Additives RCA caps; Furman power conditioning; Sanus: racks