View Single Post
Old 12-21-2019, 10:25 PM
Cool, calm scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by CGabriel View Post
PumaCat has it right.

However, Venom 14 Digital is a special purpose cord and should only be used with computer related devices or digital to digital processors or video scalers. For any component that outputs an analog signal (Aurender) you should use one of our other cables. In ascending order of performance that would be the Venom 14, Venom HC, Venom NR-12 and Venom NR-10.

The Venom HC is particularly good especially when you consider the price. I would recommend if you were using one of our power conditioners like the Delta D6 or Alpha A12. But since you are going straight to the wall I would use the Venom NR Series so that you get the benefit of the localized noise reduction.

Caelin brings up a good point about the Venom HC. IIRC, there is now an Version 2 of the Venom HC that provides enhanced performance over the original Venom HC.

Just some info for Matt on how I use my Venom V14D Digital power cords: I have mine on 1) powering my Mac Mini, which resides in the bedroom study, 2) one that powers the Meanwell "power brick" that powers my Uptone Audio Ethernet switch, and 3) one that powers my Keces P3 power supply that powers my SOtM SMS-200 UltraNeo network bridge, which outputs a digital signal via a (Shunyata Alpha; amazing!) USB cable to my Schiit Gumby DAC. Nos. 2 & 3 are also plugged into Denali V2. I also use one on my Samsung HDTV to very good effect.
Lumin P1 streamer/DAC/preamp, Constellation Inspiration integrated TT: Michell Gyro SE MkII, SME V, Koetsu Urushi Vermilion, EAR324. Harbeth 30.2s, REL R-305, Shunyata Alpha V2 ICs, Alpha V2 SPs, Sigma XC, Sigma NRv2, Omega QR-s & Alpha NRv2 PCs, segmented Altaira SG stack w/ Alpha & Omega CGCs, Everest 8000 PD. Remote Server Room: Uptone EtherREGEN, AfterDark Master Clock & LPS, Alita, Battle Angel, (Akasa NUC Roon Core), iFi DC Purifiers (for SMPS used for Alita & router), Shunyata Gemini combo power distributor & Altaira-type CG GP-NR hub, Venom & Alpha CGCs, Shunyata NRv14 power cords for digital components.

Last edited by Puma Cat; 12-21-2019 at 10:35 PM.