View Single Post
Old 02-27-2011, 09:51 PM
Chief Toneologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdandy View Post
Alberto.......I have always enjoyed headphones, all the way back to my Koss Pro4AA's. I have owned a number of different headphones, even some old Pioneers and Sony's, but once I discovered Sennheiser I stuck with them. I have owned the HD580, which is an excellent headphone, and I now listen to the Sennheiser HD600. It is very comfortable to use, highly revealing, and very musical. Headphones can be quite enjoyable once you find one you really like the sound of, and even more so when using a high quality outboard headphone amplifier. I am rediscovering how much I enjoy listening to headphones.

The HeadAmp Gilmore Lite headphone amp is the first outboard headphone amp I have owned. I am not positive the Musical Fidelity X-Can V8P will outperform it, be it's equal or maybe less. We shall see, or hear as the case may be. I am most curious how the ECC88/6922 tubes in the X-Can V8P will influence the sound. I'm thinking it is going to be a good thing.
I still have my Sennheiser HD580 Jubilee Edition (whatever that means) and it's my favorite. I also have an AKG K1000, but I rarely listen to it. It's very accurate, but by now you know that I prefer warm and inviting to cold and analytic.

I am looking forward to hearing what the headphone amp on the C50 sounds like. My favorite headphone setup is my hand-build Bottlehead SEX (Single Ended Experimenter kit) and Senn HD580.

Alberto