View Single Post
Old 03-04-2018, 01:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricjor1 View Post
So, I ordered two Hurricane power cords and one Tornado. I have one Hurricane going from my amp to the power conditioner and one from the power conditioner to the wall(Shunyata outlet). I use the Tornado on my DAC. I want to be as succinct as possible without hyperbole! I like to preface my findings with "in my system" and "in my room". Simply put the new Audioquest power cords lower the noise floor. I'm not talking night and day, but to a degree that allows everything to be more easily heard. Music has weight to it and minor details are more apparent than ever. My frame of reference with power cords is relatively small...I've had Wireworld Silver and Platinum Electras, Shunyata Alphas and Sigmas, and Audioquest NRG-4s in my system. I'll order two more Hurricane power cords and call it a day. Although the differences aren't night and day, these are the type of improvements so many of us drool over and spend lots and lots of money for.
How does the AQ cane compare to the NRG4? In more detail please? I have the NRG4, 10, Wel NRG x4. It's my way of getting a frame of reference.