View Single Post
Old 06-03-2018, 08:11 PM

My close friend actually did/doing a shootout of nearly every single footer you can purchase in the US. He's had platform systems (the new top HRS and others) in and the Iso Gia's were by far the Best Buy. Stupid good for the price. He loved the Nimbus footers also for gear that is from folded metal material. They also still work great on solid billet like the MRX's.

Teh Gia's have threaded or just a polymer top, your choice. He has the Shun Moon in now, so we will see how they are. He own's the Stillpoint 5's I believe they call them. He has used them on his Burmuster amps and his DaVinci mk2 DAC. He has a thread on another board, but if you have any specifics that you may want to know, let me know and I can ask him to come over here to post or I'll post what he tells me.

Neither of us has any dog in the fight and he has either been given them to use for purposes of this shootout or in many cases has just bought them and sold them after he used them long enough to get an idea of their sound characteristic. He is a good reviewer in that he had a nice system and the only thing he ever changes when swapping in and out is the specific component that he's reviewing. HE also has some youTube videos of his room and talking about footers and their types of builds and why he feels they work or don't. He's a plastic surgeon and is very thorough in his reviews, lol.