Thread: Marten Duke 2
View Single Post
Old 06-01-2014, 12:42 AM

Hi All, I have a pair of Miles 5. I've had mine for about a year and half.

I found that their sound changed appreciably during burn-in and settled at around 500 hours. The rest of my system remained constant during this period and had completed its burn-in.

I have been very impressive by the speakers. They sounded amazingly quick and detailed on install. I was stunned when I listened to flamenco guitar on the 1st night. The speed of the speakers gave them explosive textural detail. Hard for me to explain, but simple string scrapes had huge impact. Dynamics from within, if that makes sense?

To begin with, however, the speakers sounded a little lean and their imaging was not quite there; all of which resolved itself during burn-in.

Here's what I experienced during burn-in…

- At around 100 hours, bass had increased. Bass continued to improve throughout burn in.
- At around 300 hours, the soundstage seemed to snap into focus and the sound had become more coherent. This was the most significant point during burn-in where I felt most gains were made.
- At 400 hours, they sounded a little off tonally. Bass seemed a little detached from the upper frequencies.
- At 500 hours, coherency had returned and imaging had become denser and more realistic. The speakers sounded richer as a result.

Sitting at around 600 hours now, I can't say that I've noticed much more change in their character.

I really love these speakers. They seem to balance great speed, detail and transparency with a beguiling (slightly warm) tone.

myjazz123, congratulations on your new Bird 2's. I'm sure that they will keep you happy for many years to come.