View Single Post
Old 01-24-2021, 02:35 AM

I had the house to myself today and this evening, I spent a lot of time with the system. I pulled the Proceed and compared the 2 amps for a number of hours.

As hard as I tried to like the 532H more, I just could not. It sounds a bit muffled by comparison, and still less dynamic. Instruments "popped" more with the BPA2, their location was more defined in the soundstage. More detailed and "pleasing" all the way around.

That is not to say the ML sounded bad, the differences might be considered small to the average person, but they were definitely noticeable to me.

The 532H is certainly much better than before the repair, but it still can't top (or equal) the BPA2.

I am going to just sell the ML, I should be able to get $3,000 to $3,500 for it. Who am I to argue with Harman International and their service center... If they say it works fine, I will sell it as such.

I will lose about $2,000 in the end, but if I hired a lawyer, it would probably cost close to that, and be a hell of a lot more of a pain.

What makes me the most sad, is I will never know if the 532H sounded as good as it should. I will likely never hear my system as good as it could have been. I certainly can't afford a new ML, especially after losing $2,000... And I don't think I can ever trust Levinson again.

I think I'm going to try a new Parasound Halo A 21+ from a local dealer I used to work for. That will make them happy, being as I never buy anything from them. That is also the amp Tekton uses to drive their top end speakers at shows.

I will demo it first and compare it to the Proceed, if I don't like it as much as the Proceed, the Proceed will become my permanent amp for the Moabs, and I will look for something used in the $500 to $1,000 range to drive my 2nd system.

Last edited by brad1138; 01-24-2021 at 02:48 AM.