View Single Post
Old 02-20-2018, 06:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scyld View Post
I have some minor issue with my pair in that finish. They package speakers with grills ON (rather strange thing to do, when those grills have direct contact with gloss finish). The packaging causes additional pressure (together with magnets on a grill). And they use some cloth between a speaker cabinet and grill.

I have spots of "texture" from that cloth on the front side of cabinets. Round spots in places, where magnets contact with lacquer. And it seems like they can not be polished out (most of them).

I've managed to polish out some other minor scratches very easily, so the laquer seems to be really soft. Maybe the laquer vas very fresh at packaging time? One can't be sure. Kinda weird, because the finish and build quality is stunning). Anyway, those can be seen only at some angles with backlight (bright objects reflections), so I can live with that.

Just curious, if You noticed that bug? I'm not able to see these speakers in showrooms, it was my order.
From my experience Canton needs to rethink their packaging of their larger heavier speakers. I too noticed that my Reference 1 DC’s shipped with the grilles attached and wrapped in white fiber cloth. In my case, one of the grilles jostled loose in shipping. The grille managed to get hung up on a boxing staple that wasn’t fully crimped and the result was a grille with 2 holes in it. Trust me, that is a bummer to have happen.

Canton replaced the grille of course, but it still leaves a bad feeling about their packaging decisions. When you look at how the other hi-end manufacturers crate their speakers convinces me that Canton needs to rethink their large speaker shipping cartons.

This in no way is meant as a criticism of their outstanding speakers. I know in my case the Ref -1 DC’s are phenomenal sounding
McIntosh MA8000; McIntosh MC1502; Canton Vento Reference 1 DC; E.A.T. E-Flat; Soundsmith Paua Mk II; Technics SL 1210 MK5; Audio Technica AT-150 MLX; Tascam BR-20; Teac X1000R; Pioneer RT-707; Oppo UDP 205; Denon DCD A-100; HP All-In-One Touchscreen Server; JRiver MC 28; Woo Audio WA6; Shure SRH 1840; SVS SB 1000; Jolida 502BRC; Jolida JD9; VPI 16.5 RCM; Wireworld Oasis 8 Speaker Cables; Audoquest Columbia 72 DBS IC's; Panamax PM-5400 (source components only)

Last edited by FreddieFerric; 02-20-2018 at 06:09 PM.