View Single Post
Old 02-23-2017, 08:08 AM

John,

I am an avid Stillpoints user myself (2 X ESS racks/grid system, 10 X Ultra 5's, 4 X Ultra 6's, 30 X Ultra SS's, Component Stands) and always position each Stillpoint for maximum benefit under each component.

If you think about it, manufacturers are often constrained as to where they place their footers and it is almost always done in a way that addresses symmetry and aesthetics, rather than for the purpose of draining resonance away from the component in question.

For example, we both use the Whest PS.30 RDT SE in our systems and if you "pop the hood" you will see that the dual transformers are grouped closely together and bolted to the extreme left of the chassis. There is a central piece of metal used for bracing/shielding and the dual mono circuits are positioned to the extreme right of the chassis. I use 4 X Ultra SS's under each piece of kit and where not dictated by the Stillpoints grid system, I place these for maximum benefit. In the case of the West phono stage, two under the transformers and the other two under the circuit boards and for balance.

Steve